Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lucy & Murphy Brave the Elements

It rained, poured, and flooded today. We got about 2.5 inches of rain throughout the afternoon. Todd was out-of-town and I had an previously scheduled engagement after work, so I left the dogs outside knowing it would rain, but knowing I couldn't leave them inside. There was no way for me to get home during the day. They were caught in the middle of monsoon-like weather and were muddy and soaked when I got home. Poor babies are probably traumatized forever. Lucy is so scared of thunderstorms as is it. She shakes and pants. She tries to get a close as possible and snuggle down or hide under something until the storm passes. I can only imagine her hunkered down under the deck today. Murphy, on the other hand, is oblivious to storms. I feel so awful, but there was nothing else I could do. Here is a pic of Murphy from when I got home. You can't see all the mud, but I think he face provides a good example of how dirty he was. I actually had to hose off all the mud, so he got even more wet before coming in the house. Lovely.

No comments: