Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Storm Watcher

This is my neighbor's house before a bad storm last week. I snapped this picture with my iPhone. The quality isn't great, but it definitely captures the amazing clouds and straightline winds. We only lost the grill, which was lifted off the deck by the wind.

I sent this picture to my neighbor. We are both on Twitter and this made it around quickly. Eventually it got to Jim Cantore at The Weather Channel. They had the picture on TV the next morning. How cool is that? We were both already at work and didn't have a chance to set the DVR. But, I do feel like a certified storm watcher now!




Running note: Right before the storm hit, I saw a woman out running. I don't think she made it home in time. Hopefully she learned to always check the weather before heading out!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Amanda said...

awesome picture!

Anonymous said...

Love it. The picture, not the storm. I wouldn't want to be that runner!

illinigirl said...

Great picture! You are officially a celebrity now! :)