Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Family Visit!

When I say family visit, I mean family visit! I think we saw just about everyone in one weekend. But, it was nice since we really haven't seen the family since Christmas. On Friday we went to Decatur, Illinois to visit my parents and eat Mexican. We spent the night and left Saturday for LeClaire, Iowa to visit Todd's brother and family. We went out with the kids and skated around on the ponds, which were completely frozen over. We stayed there Saturday night and headed to Elkader, Iowa on Sunday to see Todd's other brother Ryan and his family. We got to meet our new niece, Katherine (we call her Katie), for the first time. She was only 4 days old! We also saw Todd's parents who were there to help watch Katie's crazy brother and sister. We played out in the snow and ate lots and lots of food. There is never a shortage of down home cooking when Todd's mom is in charge of the meals. (Of course, I over ate!) You would not believe the snow up there. In spots the piles of snow touched the bottom of the stop signs. I can't even imagine the dealing with that much snow!! On Monday morning, we left and stopped in Sterling, Illinois to see my grandma on the way home. The weekend was fun and exhausting, but worth getting to see everyone! Oh, I forgot to mention that I shot my first bb! Our nephew Max has an official Red Ryder BB Gun, so we all took turns shooting at the can on Saturday afternoon. I missed, but it was pretty funny considering I didn't even know how to hold the thing! Below are some pics from our weekend. You can also check out our online Picasa album!


Todd holding Katie


Proud big brother Daniel (3) and big sister Lizzie (1.5)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...very cute! Sounds like a fun trip too :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww...very cute! Sounds like a fun trip too :)

Nikki said...

Glad you had a good trip. Katie is so beautiful! All the kids are adorable!

Nikki said...

And your picasa pics are great!