Sunday, March 29, 2009

February Update #3 - On Turning 30

There are just some things in life that you just don't want to do. Turning 30 was one of those things in my life. While I don't feel any older, it just seems like 30 is old. Well, compared to 25, it is old (at least in my book) and I don't want to get old! It's like when you are young, you can't wait to be older - 13 to be an official teenager; 16 - to be able to drive; 21 - drinking (if you are into that); etc. But 30...there is no fun associated with this birthday. It just means another decade of life has past. Kind of freaky.

Overall it was a good day. I had lunch with a friend, another friend sent some balloons to me, and Todd took me out for dinner, got a cake for me, and brought home flowers. It was a massive cake that took us a week to eat even after pawning half of it off to his graduate students. I did have to work a little late and also wasted an hour at the BMV trying to straighten out the license plates for my car. But, I received several cards and lots of emails. I was secretly hoping for a party of sorts, but that never really happened.

The cake, flowers, and balloons. My friend April tried to arrange a signing telegram, but it turned out to be a singing phonegram. I got a message on my voicemail from some random person who started singing to me. It was rather humorous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL The voicemail sounds funny - I want one of those! Turning 30 is not so bad - although I still have another 5 months to change my mind, despite what Habitat for Humanity thinks!

Found this quote. I have no idea who the author is, but it's a good one:

"Everything I know I learned after I was thirty." - Georges Clemenceau

Lana said...

the guy at scotty's thought you were under 21!! :) Don't they say 30 is the new 20? I like the singing voicemail-o-gram idea! How fun!