Monday, May 26, 2008

Rhubarb Bread

In order to use up some of the rhubarb we brought home from Iowa, I decided to make rhubarb bread. It is awesome! I like it much better than the rhubarb cake. I think Todd agrees, even though he had his share of both. So far I have made four loaves of bread and put three in the freezer for later. I still have some some frozen rhubarb to bake with at a later date, too.

I read through some of the reviews and made some changes based on that and my own preference. I used egg substitute, skim milk, light butter, and replaced half of the oil with applesauce. It turned out well and I will save this recipe for the future!

1 comment:

Lana said...

I'd be curious to try a small piece next time you thaw out a loaf....the only way I've really ever had rhubarb is via rhubarb custard pie (which I don't like...at all). :)