Saturday, April 19, 2008

Husbands and Housework

My friend sent me this article about a scientific study on how having a husband creates an extra 7 hours of housework per week for a woman. I could have told them that without a scientific study. :)

Actually, Todd isn't too bad. He does take care of the lawn mowing and makes dinner fairly often. The problem is he is a messy cook, which makes more clean-up for me. I hate cleaning bath tubs, so he will usually do that for me if I complain enough. But, I still pick up his shoes, clothes, and other random items from all over the house...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say that it's untrained stepchildren. My husband makes less housework!

Nikki said...

Only 7 more hours? :) Matt's not too bad either most the time, it just takes me asking a million times before he helps! One thing about being pregnant -- "Honey, I can't clean the tub and shower." Hehe... But he does pick up after himself (shoes, clothes, etc). Maybe it's the fact that they help produce kids, who then produce most the messes -- which we then have to clean. Right, Mandy? :)

Anonymous said...

Definitely.