Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Random Sightings

I had several random sightings this week. Some made me laugh, some made me sad...

  • A girl in white heeled boots. Yes, completely snow white heeled, dress boots. My initial thought was that no one should wear white shoes after Labor Day. But, is that really still a rule and does that count for boots?
  • A book called "Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude: How to Find, Build and Keep a YES! Attitude for a Lifetime of SUCCESS" byJeffrey Gitomer sitting in someone's car window. It was sitting on the dash showing through the driver's side windshield of some minivan in my parking garage. I found it completely humorous, mainly because I wasn't sure if it was meant for the passerby to see or if the driver was reading it as a self-help book.
  • An old Honda Accord with cut-out metal spikes bolted on from the top of the car to the rear of the car. I saw this in the parking lot of the grocery store the other day. Not that I am trying to stereotype anyone, but I imagined some student into grunge driving this car. I would have totally taken a picture if my hands hadn't been full of bags.
  • A casket draped with the American flag. I don't typically take a lunch as I have too much work to get done, but I ran home to check on the dogs one day. As I was driving through town, I noticed a hearst with the rear curtains open carrying this casket covered by the flag. It wasn't part of a funeral procession, so it made me wonder where they were going and who the person was that passed away.

No comments: