Thursday, March 18, 2010

Busted Bracket

So, it is only day one and I am wondering if anyone out there has a decent NCAA bracket left. I definitely picked all the wrong upsets. Georgetown?? Ugh! I had them going pretty far in one of my brackets. Oh well, I only have a little money involved. Plus, if mine is this bad and everyone else has a busted bracket, there is still a glimmer of hope. :)

Of course, all of this is painful without Illinois in the tournament for the second year in a row!! I come from the era where we were in the tournament every year. Hand down, no questions asked, no bubble to worry about. I can't take all of this up and down play. I want my team of solid players back to make the season so exciting. Next up is Kent State. A rather interesting match-up, especially for me - I graduated from and worked for Illinois, as well as worked at Kent State and half of a MBA sitting there. While I was at KSU, I think I went to one basketball game, so it won't be difficult to put on my orange and blue! Thankfully, we get to play at home in Assembly Hall after the Cirque du Soleil scheduling disaster from Wednesday night! I guess you can't really blame anyone. Who know that far in advance Illinois would have a change to host any NIT post season games.

No comments: