Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Running Blahs

I love to run, but lately I have gotten the running blahs. I am not sure why, but I just don't have the motivation to go out there and run anymore. But, the weird thing, is go anyway. I just complain about it more and feel more fatigued, instead of energized when I am done. I've come up with several reasons why I am feeling this way. I hope the blahs pass soon, because this is the perfect season for running!

  1. My most favorite running shoes that I have beening purchasing and repurchasing for the last two years is no longer. The Asics Gel Landreth II has been replaced by the Asics Gel Landreth III. You might not think this is a big deal, but it is a huge disappointment to lose access to your most trusted partner in running...your shoes! I am not sure what they were thinking, but version III sucks! It is no where close to version II and I didn't find any upgrades when I tried this pair of shoes on. I have since been trying to find a new pair of shoes. I bought the Brooks Radius 6 and had no luck. I turned that pair in to my wear-around shoes. New Balance and Nike do not fit my feet right. So, now I am back to Asics and I am going to give the Nimbus a try. I am cautionally optomistic they will work. I have searched high and low for more Asics Gel Landreth II's, but I cannot find them anywhere on the internet, even from foreign countries. So, if anyone runs across a pair of 9.5 version II's, let me know!!

  2. My knee has started hurting again. Looks like I need to go back to the doctor where I am sure they will tell me it is due to overuse and that I should take a break and stay away from exercises where my knee takes the impact. Yikes! I can already feel the pounds coming back on!

  3. I ran all spring and summer training for my two half-marathons. Todd tells me I am just burnt out and need to do something else for awhile. I have cut back on my running some and I am trying to do other things instead. But, when you are in a windowless office all day long, it is hard to go to the gym after work or take a night off. I need to get out and get some fresh air! Maybe I need a new race to keep me training and give me something to look forward to.

No comments: